“MS” is for Multiple Sclerosis…
Lets fight Multiple Sclerosis ( MS) by awareness =)
first let’s know what is Multiple Sclerosis..
Multiple Sclerosis or MS is a chronic disease which thought to be auto-immune disease.The name multiple sclerosis refers to scars (plaques or lesions) particularly in the white matter of the brain and spinal cord, which is mainly composed of myelin.
In MS, the immune system attacks myelin. This damages the myelin and strips it off the nerve fibers, either partially or completely, leaving scars known as lesions or plaques. This myelin damage disrupts messages travelling along nerve fibers – they can slow down, become distorted, pass from one nerve fiber to another (short circuiting), or not get through at all.
Multiple sclerosis was discovered by Jean-Martin Charcot. ( a French neurologist and professor of anatomical pathology).
Causes of Multiple Sclerosis:
Unfortunately till now there’s no exact cause for MS, but researchers believe that a combination of several factors may be involved. These factors include gender, genetics, age, geography, and ethnic background.
– Some of them said it could be – as what i mentioned before – an auto immune disease (= the body attacks itself instead of attacking foreign objects) .
– Others said it could be from environmental factor , viruses or bacteria.
* NOTE: MS is not causing lethality and it is not inherited nor contagious .
It depends on the effected area and it differs from one patient to another – that’s why doctors some times face difficulties when they check for the disease – MS symptoms may interfere with other disease.
– common symptoms: numbness, fatigue, tingling , balance disorders, blurred or double vision,partial or complete blindness, headache and depression….
– rare : itching , Slurred speech and Sudden onset of paralysis ….
Unfortunately there’s no cure for MS, but patients with MS take some medication to decrease it.
e.g : beta-interferon.
* NOTE : vitamin D is very important for patients with MS. Vitamin B12 also is important.
Even for healthy people both vitamins are essential 🙂
the major source of vit.D from the sun.. vit B12 can be found in meats ( so vegetarian try to eat meat 😛 )
MS can be known via MRI or cerebro spinal fluid test-CSF
26th of May is Multiple Sclerosis worldwide day.. Orange ribbon represents MS too 🙂
here are usefullinks for MS:
From my heart to yours :
By the way i’m not a doctor or even a medical student. I just care a lot about MS and I really pray to all patients to be healthy and to have a great life ..
For any one who knows a patient , please treat she/he very kindly and try always to make them happy don’t let them alone or feel depressed cause then their health might become more worse …!!!
Give them support, love and hope in this life cause they are humans too just like you ^___^
There’s a quote, seriously i don’t know who had said it..
it is ” You’re human by spirit ( or soul ) not by your body..”
Take care of yourselves ^__^